Sidmouth net clean sweep success in first mixed match of the season
- Credit: Archant
The first mixed match of the season took place at home on Sunday against Teignmouth, writes Pauline Couldwell.
The mixed matches are a great way for golfers to play a less intense format of matchplay as they are usually a greensome format followed by a chance to socialise with old and new acquaintances.
Any lady or gentleman, including new club members, can contact the team captains, Anne and Terry Blackler, if they are interested in playing.
First pair out were ‘captain of the day’ Bob Webber and Marie Timms, who won on the last hole.
Next pair were Malcolm and Pauline Couldwell, who won three and two, followed out by Don Cooper and Yvonne Anning winning, two up.
You may also want to watch:
The fourth pair, Bob and Linda Reynolds, won their match two and one and the final pairing of Paul and Susan Hackett competed the afternoon with another two and one win.
The overall result was a fantastic 5-0 win for the Sidmouth mixed team.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
Players from Teignmouth, who hadn’t played at Sidmouth before, were impressed by the spectacular views from the course, which make Sidmouth special.
Everyone was treated to an excellent roast beef dinner followed by dessert and coffee supplied by Kerry and Wayne.
We look forward to the return match at Teignmouth in August, when Teignmouth will endeavour to reverse the result!