Sidmouth net last day Indoor Cricket League title success
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Leisure Centre Indoor Cricket League had high drama on the final matchday of the season.
Clyst Hydon A, who had led the table from day one of the campaign, suffered a surprise defeat at the hands of an Ottery St Mary side that had lost four of their previous five matches.
That surprise defeat opened the door for Sidmouth to once again claim the title after they consigned Tipton St John to an eighth defeat in as many outings.
The final day results left Clyst Hydon A and Sidmouth both with 18 points and it was the Fortfield men who secured top spot, and a place in the county finals by virtue of them having a superior wickets difference total. Newton Poppleford finished third with 15 points and Clyst Hydon B were fourth with 12 points.
Three teams ended the term with six points; Yarcombe and Stockland, Clyst St George and Ottery St Mary while Tipton St John finished in bottom place.
You may also want to watch:
The league will resume on Sunday, January 7, when the same eight teams will contest the Sidmouth Leisure Centre Indoor League Spring championship.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown