Sidmouth net last day Indoor Cricket League title success
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Leisure Centre Indoor Cricket League had high drama on the final matchday of the season.
Clyst Hydon A, who had led the table from day one of the campaign, suffered a surprise defeat at the hands of an Ottery St Mary side that had lost four of their previous five matches.
That surprise defeat opened the door for Sidmouth to once again claim the title after they consigned Tipton St John to an eighth defeat in as many outings.
The final day results left Clyst Hydon A and Sidmouth both with 18 points and it was the Fortfield men who secured top spot, and a place in the county finals by virtue of them having a superior wickets difference total. Newton Poppleford finished third with 15 points and Clyst Hydon B were fourth with 12 points.
Three teams ended the term with six points; Yarcombe and Stockland, Clyst St George and Ottery St Mary while Tipton St John finished in bottom place.
You may also want to watch:
The league will resume on Sunday, January 7, when the same eight teams will contest the Sidmouth Leisure Centre Indoor League Spring championship.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 5 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Hedges are 'valued for the huge benefits they bring for wildlife'