Sidmouth Netball Club Under-11s make super start to new season
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Netball Club Under-11 team played their first ever league tournament last weekend, writes Louise Hastie.
The girls have been training together since September, but due to a number of cancellations because of bad weather they have been unable to play yet.
The wait was worth it though, the girls came away with three wins out of four in the newly formed Under-11 Exeter and District Junior Netball League.
The team, many of whom have never played a competitive game before are in the Division Three of the newly formed age group.
In their four matches, the Sidmouth team beat Exmouth 3-2, Exeter 2-0 and Axe 8-2 while they were beaten 4-1 by Teign.
You may also want to watch:
The girls showed some real game sense and there were some inspired passages of through court play with the ball going direct to goal when the team were in possession of the ball.
All of the team are now looking forward to the next round of matches which is set to be played on November 30 and coaches are hoping that, with such good numbers involved, they will be able to put two teams into the Spring League which will run after Christmas.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend