Sidmouth Netball Club Under-11s make super start to new season
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Netball Club Under-11 team played their first ever league tournament last weekend, writes Louise Hastie.
The girls have been training together since September, but due to a number of cancellations because of bad weather they have been unable to play yet.
The wait was worth it though, the girls came away with three wins out of four in the newly formed Under-11 Exeter and District Junior Netball League.
The team, many of whom have never played a competitive game before are in the Division Three of the newly formed age group.
In their four matches, the Sidmouth team beat Exmouth 3-2, Exeter 2-0 and Axe 8-2 while they were beaten 4-1 by Teign.
You may also want to watch:
The girls showed some real game sense and there were some inspired passages of through court play with the ball going direct to goal when the team were in possession of the ball.
All of the team are now looking forward to the next round of matches which is set to be played on November 30 and coaches are hoping that, with such good numbers involved, they will be able to put two teams into the Spring League which will run after Christmas.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 6 Football in support of mental health
- 7 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 8 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 9 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 10 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched