Sidmouth Northcotts Classic triumph for Taylor and Bater
- Credit: Archant
On Saturday, Sidmouth Golf Club hosted the second running of the Northcotts Classic, writes John Barnard.
It was an interesting format, one to test the scorer to the maximum. The first six holes were played a two ball texas scramble, the next six holes as a modified better ball (modified as both scores counted on the par threes 11and 12th holes) and then foursomes for the last six holes. Level two points meant achieving at least 40 points, a challenge for many on the day.
The convincing winners with 48 points, were Duncan Taylor and David Bater.
They also managed four twos, the most on the day. In second place was Pete Northcott (our host for the day) playing with usual playing partner Mike Dommett.
They will have enjoyed their good day and be delighted toward award themselves their own prizes!
You may also want to watch:
In third on countback (we think!), so also scoring 45 points, wasthe pairing of David Peperell and Lewis White, the former assistant club professional. It was good to see Lewis on the course again, David was particularly pleased as Lewis played really well, having warmed up playing on the newly re-worked Exeter course earlier in the day.
It was an excellent day all round, blessed with good weather. There were 18 twos on the day and a busy clubhouse agreed how well the whole day had gone.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do