Sidmouth Open success for the captain’s men
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth Open was played on Saturday, writes John Barnard.
This is a three-man team event off three quarters of individual handicaps scored a medal, best score to count.
Unfortunately, there was neither a large entry or many visiting teams.
Club captain Ray Gunston was very pleased though as his team, including Stuart Coles and Craig Melluish came out on top. There were three teams all on 58 points so countback was needed to determine the prizes.
This wasn’t easy as it revealed some scoring issues so the winner changed a number of times before the final announcement!
You may also want to watch:
In second place was Nick Gingell, Michael Knight, Nick Baker and third were Martyn White, Ian Peacock, John Dunn. The visitors prize was won by a team form Honiton Golf Club, made up from Geoff Tyler, Julian Hoyles, Brian Morrison scoring 63.
Remarkably, there were only four twos all day so the lucky teams got 18 balls each.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby