Sidmouth Open triumph for Holland, Thomas and Jenkins
- Credit: Archant
It was the Sidmouth Open on Saturday, writes John Barnard.
A three man team event, two scores to count off full handicap.
It was expected that the winners were likely to be in the mid 80’s, but in the end, the convincing winners, with 82 points, were the low handicappers Neil Holland, Mark Thomas and Mark Jenkins.
Scoring on the day did not prove easy. No obvious reason why, the weather was OK, greens were running well and holding after the recent wetter weather and some pin positions were challenging but no more than would be expected.
In second place, six points back, on 76 points, were Des Sheldrick, Kevin Leggand Eric McMath, and, in third spot, were David Pepperell, Lewis White and Howard Cushing with 75 points.
You may also want to watch:
In the other prizes, the ‘away’ winners were the team from Staddon Heights of G Thorburn, D Chapman and S Foley who scored 73 points. Neil Holland won the longest drive on the eighth hole and Mike Knight was nearest the pin on the 12th hole.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 6 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 7 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge