Sidmouth Orr Cup success for Maria Clapp
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies played a stableford competition for the Orr Cup this week, writes Andrea Milton.
This cup was presented by Mrs Hilda Orr in memory of her husband, Colonel WEA Orr some years ago.
Despite many people starting the round in pouring rain, conditions did improve and many finished with the sun on their backs.
Starting her round with a good par up the first the ladies’ captain, Maria Clapp, continued well with a good par on the long uphill eighth hole. She also parred the 11th and 12th, then had a great finish by parring three out of the last four holes.
This gave her a very good winning score of 41 points and a handicap reduction to 16 too!
You may also want to watch:
In second place, was Mo Borer with 36 points, just pipping Angela Coles into third, also with 36 points.
Also this week, the ladies section held a competition to select a pair to go forward to the national Daily Mail Foursomes competition.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 6 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 7 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
Winning on the day, and hence going forward to represent Sidmouth, were the pairing of Maria Clapp and Susan Hackett. Well done, to all this weeks winners.