Sidmouth Orr Cup success for Sheila Faulkner
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies met to contest the Orr Cup, writes Maria Clapp.
This cup was presented to the ladies’ section by Hilda Orr in memory of her husband Colonel WEA Orr.
For this particular competition, partners are drawn. This always works well, as it means that ladies are partnered with perhaps somebody they might not think of asking.
Also the newer players get to play with the more experienced players, which is always good for their progression. Three ladies have had their handicap reduced after playing for the Orr Cup!
The winner, with 37 points, was our lady captain Sheila Faulkner. In second place was Chris Cave on countback from Mandy Furniss with 36 points. These are the three ladies who received a handicap reduction. Well done, ladies!
You may also want to watch:
Chris Cave was the only lady to achieve a two, and therefore claims the pot of winnings!
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients