Sidmouth outbowled on visit to Madeira
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth bowlers met on Valentine’s Day for a re-arranged fixture at Madeira Bowls Club in Exmouth, writes Carol Smith.
We always enjoy these matches as we have such strong friendships with the opposing players.
On this occasion we travelled hopeful of exacting sweet revenge for the defeat we suffered in the last meeting!
Alas, this did not happen, as we struggled to get enough ladies to play and so ended up with only two triples instead of three.
It was suggested that perhaps the reason for our numbers being reduced was that, with it being Valentine’s Day, our ladies were hoping for better things!
You may also want to watch:
Nevertheless, those that played enjoyed the game and, although beaten, had a good afternoon.
The best performing Sidmouth rink was the one of Mary Bristow, Jean Green and skip Mary Turner, who went down by just three shots at 22-19.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start