Sidmouth Over-50s Blue bag big win in Heavitree
The ladies competitions are certainly gathering momentum at Sidmouth, writes Mary Turner.
In the past week Zena Johnson got through to the next round of the ladies Two Wood and Jane Painter won her round of the Ladies Championship, good luck in the next round to you both.
Sidmouth Over-50s Blue team travelled to Exeter to meet Heavitree and claimed victory on both rinks to bank more points in their quest for a top table finish.
Well done to P Pritchard, C Hamer and E Hewett who secured a 15-10 success and also to P Chew, P Nobbs and J Bishop who powered their way to an emphatic 22-12 victory.
The Over-50s Yellow team made the short trip to Budleigh where one rink produced a Sidmouth win and the other ended with honours even.
You may also want to watch:
The successful rink comprised; A Mason, M Smith and V Newnham, who secured a 29-10 triumph, well done, ladies.
In the Over-50s Blue team there was a home success for the rink of S Mison, C Hamer and J Bishop who landed a 19-11 win, but unfortunately the other rink were beaten.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
The Over-50s Yellow team were quickly back in action with a visit to Morchard Bishop where they lost on both rinks, but better news fro the Blue team as they beat the same opposition in a game at Sidmouth.
In that home success the winning Sidmouth teams were; J Brimson, P Wrench and E Hewett (24-9) and S Mison, P Nobbs and J Bishop (22-8).
Elsewhere, E Reed won her round of the Ladies Handicap to go through to the next stage of the competition.
A friendly match at home against Honiton saw Sidmouth win on two rinks and lose on one. B Farmer, M Bristow and skip J Painter won a single-shot thriller 18-17 whilst S Bonnell, J Lewis and skip V Newnham bagged a 20-9 victory.
The internal competitions continue with the finals all set for August 29 after the staging of the Charity Bonanza on Bank Holiday Monday.