Sidmouth Over-50s Blues bank full six points from Shaldon trip
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Bowling Club ladies continued to enjoy success with both Over-50s League teams, Blues and Yellows, banking four of the six available points in outings last week, writes Susie Bonnell.
Blues bagged their points haul in a home meeting with Pinces Gardens while Yellows won theirs in a match at Honiton.
On Monday, Blues were back in action with a trip to Shaldon.
As is always the case with this fixture, before the action began the ladies arrived sufficiently early to enjoy a hearty pub lunch.
The pre-match get-together proved most successful as they came home with the full six points - despite the very hot weather, flying ants and dive-bombing seagulls!
You may also want to watch:
The highest scoring rink was led by skip, Jill Bishop, with her team, Ann Capon and Eileen Hewett.
With the first rounds of many of the club’s competitions well under way, there’s plenty of good bowling to be had as the summer marches on, so if you are passing by, then please do stick around, sit, and enjoy!
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival