Sidmouth Over-50s land top honour
With the outdoor season coming to an end Sidmouth Ladies faired very well despite the bad weather in the middle of the season, writes Mary Turner.
The friendly match with Chardstock resulted in a 51-35 victory with Sidmouth winning on two rinks and drawing on the third.
The winning rinks were Betty Farmer, Paddy Chew and skip Jill Bishop (19-9 and Mary Smith, Zena Johnson and skip Margaret King (20-12). Well done ladies.
In the last match for the non-badged league against Exonia, Sidmouth won on both rinks and by an overall score of 48-26.
Teams for the day were Betty Farmer, Mary Smith and skip Margaret King, scoring 22 to Exonia’s 13 and Brenda Somerfield, Anita Mason and skip Shirley Rose (22-13).
You may also want to watch:
In this league, which was the first season Sidmouth took part, the team finished third overall – well done to all who took part.
In the Overs-50’s league Sidmouth played two matches, the first against Crediton Yellow, winning on one rink and losing on one.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
The winning rink was Pat Ashton-Pritchard, Zena Johnson and skip Jill Bishop with a score of 24-13. The overall score was Sidmouth 38, Crediton 32.
The final match of the season was against Pinces Gardens which saw Sidmouth again win one and lose one.
The winning rink was Jean Brimson, Jane Painter and skip Jill Bishop (16-12). The overall score was Sidmouth 26, Pinces Gardens 33.
In general it had been a good season for the Over-50s who managed to snatch the title from local rivals Seaton. Congratulations to all who took part over the season.