Sidmouth Over-50s Yellows in nail-biting success at Seaton Reds
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Over-50s Yellows were involved in a midweek thriller when they travelled to meet neighboring Seaton Reds, writes Susie Bonnell.
Being away fixture the ladies did, of course, ensure that they partook in a pre-match lunch – but, like all true professional - only soft drinks were onsumed! As for the contest – this was a close encounter of the bowling kind – a match that could have gone either way throughout!
It proved to be, arguably, one of the teams toughest matches of the season with a combination of a strong opposing team and very tricky rinks. All in all, it was very difficult for the Sidmouth players to ‘get the green’.
As an example of the topsy-turvy nature of then match, one Sidmouth rink held a five shot advantage on the 12th end where they dropped four shots and ended up trailing through to the 15th end.
Digging deep, they went on to win the last three ends to win overall by two shots!
You may also want to watch:
However, it was a different story on the other rink with the Sidmouth team falling behind at an early stage and continuing to trail the home rink until the 12th end when they managed to square things up at 11-all. However, they then slipped behind again until the 16th end when they picked up six shots.
This set up another nail-biting finish during which they managed to win by one shot and so seeing the team to an overall success that meant thy returned home with the full six points in the tank!
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
Well done, ladies.