Sidmouth Over-50s Yellows see off Starcross despite Folk Festival distractions!
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies Yellows team welcomed their friends from Starcross Bowling Club to play another round of the Devon Ladies Over-50s League, writes Susie Bonnell.
All week the sounds of Sidmouth Folk Week have rang around the bowling greens and today was no exception.
Despite the many distractions, including a very tall man on stilts, the Sidmouth ladies buckled down and concentrated on winning on both rinks.
With wintery easterly gusts blowing across the rinks and approaching rain, Sidmouth were delighted with their winning scores and gained the full six available points.
One rink, led by skip, Wendy Limpus, and including Mary Turner and Karen Hollingdale, won 24-13.
You may also want to watch:
On the other, led by skip, Susie Bonnell, the score was 23-6.
All the ladies were more than ready for a nice cup of tea, as the rain really came down just as they finished their games! Well done, Sidmouth ladies.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients