Sidmouth Over-50s Yellows see off Starcross despite Folk Festival distractions!
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth ladies Yellows team welcomed their friends from Starcross Bowling Club to play another round of the Devon Ladies Over-50s League, writes Susie Bonnell.
All week the sounds of Sidmouth Folk Week have rang around the bowling greens and today was no exception.
Despite the many distractions, including a very tall man on stilts, the Sidmouth ladies buckled down and concentrated on winning on both rinks.
With wintery easterly gusts blowing across the rinks and approaching rain, Sidmouth were delighted with their winning scores and gained the full six available points.
One rink, led by skip, Wendy Limpus, and including Mary Turner and Karen Hollingdale, won 24-13.
You may also want to watch:
On the other, led by skip, Susie Bonnell, the score was 23-6.
All the ladies were more than ready for a nice cup of tea, as the rain really came down just as they finished their games! Well done, Sidmouth ladies.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 7 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 8 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 9 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon