Sidmouth Over-60s Triples League teams bag mixed fortunes in recent games
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Over-60s teams played a number of games over the past week with various results, writes Bert Hague.
Sidmouth A travelled to Heavitree where they went down 26-9 on one rinks and 16-15 on the other.
The B team entertained Hemyock and they enjoyed a 16-9 and a 28-12 success. Well done, the B team.
Mixed fortunes for the C team as they journeyed to Madeira where one rink won 18-15, but the other went down 23-14.
The C team were back in action with a home match against Belmont and this time they enjoyed a brace of wins thanks to 15-12 and 18-11 score lines.
You may also want to watch:
It certainly seems that the B, C and D teams are setting examples for the A team to follow!
Sidmouth met Feniton in the County Trophy. Sidmouth won one of the games in the meeting at Feniton, but lost two of the home games.
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
With only one match remaining in this competition Sidmouth are unfortunately at the bottom of the league.
Each year Sidmouth hosts the Jubilee Trophy competition.
This is when we invite seven local teams and put out Sidmouth teams to oppose them.
The game is played as a drive with each team moving on after four ends. This year it was the Ottery team of Eric Richardson, Richard Bland, Brian Salter and Terry House that took our trophy away.
The best Sidmouth rink consisted of Mike Borst, Jim Brown, Bert Hague and Mike Daw.