Sidmouth pair complete the Oh My Obelisk meeting in South Devon
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Running Club duo Jessica Raynor and Sarah Watkins ran at the Oh My Obelisk race on the middle Sunday of January, writes Hamish Spence.
This multi-terrain event is organised by The Dawlish Coasters and promises mud and hills with fields, woodland tracks, some country lanes and good views.
It started and finished at the Dawlish Leisure Centre with the competitors setting off at 10:30am.
The ground was fairly dry for the most part, with some blue skies and light winds, giving very good running conditions.
Jessica took on the half marathon distance, completing it in a time of 1:43 and Sarah completed the nine-mile race in a time of 1:53.
You may also want to watch:
Both ladies enjoyed the route saying it was very hilly and hard, and good but challenging fun.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The questions of British Lions selection
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services