Sidmouth Palairet team enjoys victory over Royal North Devon
- Credit: Archant
The past week was a busy one for teams representing Sidmouth Golf Club, writes Paul Lewis.
Wednesday was the turn of the Emerton Court team who played Teign Valley.
A team of five pairs played Matchplay, with all pairs successful to a greater or lesser extent. Trevor Kerridge and Alan Malcolm were taken to the final hole for a halved match, but Chris Timms and Phil Spencer were victorious with a great win, being seven holes up with only five remaining.
The Palairet team were also victorious against the oldest club in Devon, Royal North Devon, when they met in the one of the premier team events run by the Devon County Golf.
The Palairet Cup is played on a knockout basis and Sidmouth were winners by an overall score of 4-1.
You may also want to watch:
The team was unbeaten as the point achieved by Royal North Devon was as a result of two halved matches, each scoring half a point each.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients