Sidmouth play host to Devon President’s team
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth once again played host to this year’s Men’s Devon President, Mike Birch, writes Carol Smith.
In general this is an annual event as the president tries to visit most clubs in Devon.
This year he brought six rinks of male County bowlers with him to play our Sidmouth men.
It was a lovely afternoon playing in the sunshine and, at half-time, our ladies, Valerie, Maggie, Chris and Anita, our catering guru, served up a super bowlers’ tea.
It was also a good day for Sidmouth as we won on four of the six rinks and overall by 129 shots to 108.
You may also want to watch:
The best of the home rinks being the one of Wilf Radburn, Mike Daw, Barry Curwen and skip Norman Brimson, who won 29-17.
Sidmouth ladies Over-50s League Yellow team were in action at Crediton against a very strong Green team there.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
Our ladies came away with two of the available six points for winning on one rink with the successful trio being Karen Hollingdale, Lynda Dommett and Susie Bonnell.