Sidmouth play host to touring side Ashcombe Park
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth hosted Ashcombe Park, who were ending their tour with a game against Sidmouth on Monday afternoon.
They arrived early to have a buffet lunch and set out to enjoy a good game of bowls, fielding seven rinks.
As is the tradition, they stopped at nine ends to partake of a delicious Devon cream tea - but, once again, the heavens opened and rain most certainly stopped play!
Captains, Mike Borst, for Sidmouth and Gordon Sansom, for the visitors, decided to cal, it a day on the bowling front.
However, it didn’t stop all the bowlers thoroughly enjoying their afternoon - with the tea prolonged and the bar getting good use, the tourists left happy that they came.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth were winning on all rinks up to teatime - with the top rink skipped by Valerie Newnham, ably assisted by her team, Ralph Brooks, Chris Radburn and Bert Hague
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown