Sidmouth players play big roles as Exeter Youth make cup progress
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Exeter Youth, fielding a number of last season’s Sidmouth UUnder-15 team, claimed their third win of the early season with success over Exmouth in the first round of the Devon Cup.
Josh Golding opened the scoring with his trademark lightening feet and a second followed soon after with Joe Elsworth powering his way through the Exmouth defence.
Ben Dawson raced in with the third try, showing the opposition players a clean set of heels from 50-yards out!
Finley Morgan, who distributed the ball well all game, gave continued good ball to the wingers whilst also finding time to convert a number of kicks to ensure the score board ticked over at regular intervals.
Mattie Laurenti also scored which was just reward for his safe hands and fearless tackling.
You may also want to watch:
Owen Tidball dotted down several times whilst practising new positions and the game was conceded by half-time as the points margin breached fifty.
Exmouth manfully opted to play on for a second half and continued to give good resistance whilst Exeter Youth kept the scoreboard ticking over.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
After three easy wins this season the ‘Youth’ team now face a very talented Teignmouth side next week for a thorough assessment of their credentials.