Sidmouth Potburys fourball joy for Webber and Rice
- Credit: Archant
On Saturday, the competition was a fourball better ball at Sidmouth Golf Club, sponsored by local company Potburys of Sidmouth, long standing sponsors of this competition for which the club is very grateful to Michael Lee and his team, writes John Barnard.
Brian recently moved down from North Devon where he played on a long, straight course, so Sidmouth is as different as chalk and cheese!
Brian has recently gone part time and we expect to see his handicap tumbling as plays more often and gets more used to the vagaries of Sidmouth’s greens and he played really well on the back nine as the two of them wracked up 47 points.
They only won on countback though, as David Bater and Neil Holland went on a birdie blitz, but it was not quite enough. Matt Bavington and Chas Jarvis were third with 46 points, often enough for a win.
The long-standing partnership of Thomas and Lee had a great back nine which earnt them fourth place ahead of two other teams on the same score.
You may also want to watch:
In the ladies competition, Yvonne Anning and Susan Hackett recorded an excellent 46 points to win by two shots from Angela Coles and Chris Cave.
Sean Murphy managed to win both of the nearest the pin competitions on the sixth and 15th hole and there were 19 two’s worth almost five pounds each.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution