Sidmouth President’s Cup success for Marie Timms
- Credit: Archant
On Wednesday Sidmouth Ladies played for the Arthur Skinner President’s Cup, writes Maria Clapp.
This cup was presented by Mr A G Skinner, president of the club from 1958 until 1979.
The format for the meeting was a par competition.
The weather was dry and sunny - yet again! The winner of the Cup was Marie Timms with a score of plus one, but it was a close contest throughout as countback was used to determine the winner with Gill Paddon taking second after she too scored plus one.
The standard scratch went down to 68 so the were no handicap reductions. In third place was Marain Thomas who came in all square.
You may also want to watch:
The President’s Cup will be presented to Marie Timms at prize giving later in the year.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support