Sidmouth Presidents Trophy team topple Tavistock
- Credit: Archant
On Wednesday Sidmouth ladies played a medal competition, writes Andrea Milton.
Some people find this the most challenging and unforgiving format to play as every hole has to be putted out to completion.
After the heavy rain of the previous day the course was playing considerably slower than of late with much less roll on the balls.
Although we started our round under leaden skies the sun came out later on and it got pleasantly warm, with the swallows and swifts flying around us low to the ground.
The winner of the medal was Chris Cave with a great score of nett 69.
You may also want to watch:
Second was Liz Chance, and in third place was Marie Timms, who both came in with nett 69 as well. The only two achieved today was by Rosemary Walker.
Last Friday, the Grandmothers Shield was contested. There was a good field out for this competition and the winner was Ros Eaton with 43 points.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
The runner-up was Marian Andrews with 38 points.
There was also action this week for the Presidents Trophy team who entertained Tavistock.
The home ladies were in good form and secured a win by four matches to three.
They have one more fixture to play in their division section.