Sidmouth Quins star Hodge bags 37 point haul as Okehampton are well beaten at Blackmore.
- Credit: Archant
The last merit table match of a frustrating season was played out on a hard dry pitch at the Blackmore and Sidmouth Quins were far too strong for Okehampton who were beaten 72-7, writes Stephen Channing.
Sidmouth racked up 53 points in the first half and the visitors also bagged all their points before the break.
Plenty of half-time changes made for a slow start to the second period, but once the Quins found their feet again they added three more tries before a halt was called ten minutes for time.
Tom Hodge ran in five tries and also slotted six conversions to end with an impressive personal tally of 37 points.
The other try scorers were Ben Pratt ( 3), Adam Squance (2), Jeremy Massey-Birch and Jack Faulkner.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks are due to Robbie Ross who has come home at short notice more than once this season and also to captain for the day, Roger Goulding, who turned out for Okehampton to keep the sides even whilst Stuart Bickerstaff, who has lead the side with determination whatever obstacles were put in his way, and all who have played for the Quins this season.
Last, but not least a very big, special thank you to Robert ‘Boffer’ Baugh, for his commitment and patience trying to get a side out each week.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution