Sidmouth Raiders U16 kick-off with home defeat
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-16s began a new season of Exeter and District League action with a 4-2 home defeat to Tedburn Panthers.
The home side began brightly and Scott Hughes gave them an early lead.
However, rather than go on and press home their clear early advantage, they seemed to sit back and this gave the visitors the confidence to grow into the contest and they began to dominate.
It needed some disciplined defending and good goalkeeping from Kieran Hopley to deny them an equaliser before half-time.
Raiders began the second half well, but were legged back as Panthers scored with a counter-attack. The visitors took the lead when the home defence stopped to see if the match official was going to blow his whistle for what they considered a foul on a Raiders defender.
You may also want to watch:
A third for Tedburn seemed to take the game away from Raiders, but a Jordan Parsons goal gave them hope. Late on, with Raiders pressing, Tedburn broke and netted a late fourth.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 6 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 10 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections