Sidmouth Raiders Under-10s edged out in compelling derby with West Hill Wasps
- Credit: Archant
West Hill 2 Sidmouth Raiders 0 Sidmouth Raiders Under-10s were undone by a goal in each half, writes Alan Hallett.
This was a game well contested by both sides and played throughout in a great spirit.
In a fairly even first half the Raiders were restricted to half chances with good work by Will Bond down the left and CJ Abbot on the right, helping to create opportunities, but the home side grabbed the lead just as they began to dominate.
West Hill had more control in the second half and Robbie Hallett in the Raiders goal produced some fine saves, including one that drew applause from the whole crowd as he tipped a shot round the post as it headed for the top corner!
West Hill doubled their lead from close range early in the second half, but still Eddie Rudolph worked tirelessly in midfield breaking up West Hill attacks and trying spring counter-attacks while Lewis Rowden and Noah Raffell worked hard throughout.
You may also want to watch:
Thomas Rowan and Samuel Burhop both saw chances saved, but the Raiders had to rely on attacking on the break and struggled to be a real threat
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 7 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 8 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 9 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17