Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s beaten by Ottery St Mary
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s went down 4-0 to neighbours Ottery St Mary.
Raiders made a bright start, but so did the Otters and both defences came under early pressure.
Raiders goalkeeper Ollie Keast made some outstanding saves to deny the Otters with one spectacular finger-tip save of the highest order!
Just before the break with the Raiders growing in confidence and applying sustained pressure they were hit on the counter and the Otters netted to hold a narrow half-time advantage.
In the second half Ottery continued to look threatening, using both pace and incisive final third passing to great effect.
You may also want to watch:
That helped them add three further goals to end convincing winners.
Raiders once again looked good in patches, but were beaten by an in-form Ottery team who can claim the derby bragging rights, at least until next season!
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend