Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s beaten in Exeter
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s went down 4-1 to Heavitree Social Peacocks when the pair met in Exeter to contest Exeter and District Youth League points.
A depleted Raiders squad were two down early on, but battled their way back into proceedings with Freddie Dorman once again a shining light with his wing trickery and powerful tackling.
Frank Long went on a solo run, weaving his way through tackle after tackle, but the end product was a shot that flashed just wide of the mark.
A powerful home side struck twice more to hold a commanding 4-0 lead before raiders began their now customary rally!
Good approach play from Josh O’Connor led to Miles Lewis pulling a goal back and this was followed by a tweaking of the formation which saw commanding centre back Yan Mercan moved up front. The move worked and Miles Lewis got the ball into the Peacocks net only for it to be disallowed.
You may also want to watch:
Raiders may well have been beaten, but there’s nothing wrong with their sport and they continue, individually and collectively grow stronger as a team.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98