Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s beaten in thriller at AC Central
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s played their part in a thrilling Exeter and Youth League Division Two encounter at AC Central that produced action from first whistle to last and nine goals.
Raiders made a bright start, but, despite Frank Long and Josh O’Connor causing plenty of problems for the home defence they could not force the opening goal.
It was against the run of play when they home side scored first to break the deadlock. The Response was both positive and productive as, after a series of corners, Long rifled home the equaliser.
The home side regained the lead, albeit in contentious fashion! A shot was well saved by Raiders goalkeeper Owen Baldwin only for the match official to deem the ball had gone over the goal line!
Once again the Raiders responded with vigour and it was no more than they deserved when a splendid through-ball from Freddie Dorman saw O’Connor run on and apply a clinical finish.
You may also want to watch:
The home side were next to score and they added three more to hold a 6-2 advantage before Raiders ‘Mr Consistent’, Freddie Dorman, ran at the heart of the AC defence and, when he was unceremoniously upended, he got up, brushed himself down and thumped home the resultant spot kick to complete the scoring.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 4 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 5 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb