Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s edged out by Colyton Redsocks
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders 0, Colyton Redsocks 1 Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s were unlucky not to win this let alone draw after outplaying their highflying opponents for virtually the entire game, writes Alan Hallett.
Colyton struck early in the first half as a deflected shot found its way into the net through a crowded Raiders penalty area, but this just spurred the Raiders on.
Playing against the wind, Will Bond terrorised the defence with his running, shooting and crossing while Samuel Burhop, Lewis Rowden, Henry Sumerhayes, Toby Whitfield and Noah Raffell all saw shots either hit the post, a defender or force saves from the keeper!
At the other end Robbie Hallett made one superb reaction save to keep the deficit down to one goal as the Raiders pushed for the equaliser.
The second half was more of the same as Colyton struggled to get out of their own half. Bond, now in goal, dealt with a couple of half chances well, while Hallett, now on the left wing, linked up with CJ Abbot, Eddie Rudolph and Rowden for the move of the match that finished with a shot saved superbly.
You may also want to watch:
Freddie Squire linked well with Summerhayes down the right while Abbot, Rudolph and Rowden won everything in the middle.
Another game played in a good spirit by both teams and a great performance from the Raiders ending with a real ‘we woz robbed’ outcome!
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 10 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown