Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s edged out by Colyton Redsocks
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders 0, Colyton Redsocks 1 Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s were unlucky not to win this let alone draw after outplaying their highflying opponents for virtually the entire game, writes Alan Hallett.
Colyton struck early in the first half as a deflected shot found its way into the net through a crowded Raiders penalty area, but this just spurred the Raiders on.
Playing against the wind, Will Bond terrorised the defence with his running, shooting and crossing while Samuel Burhop, Lewis Rowden, Henry Sumerhayes, Toby Whitfield and Noah Raffell all saw shots either hit the post, a defender or force saves from the keeper!
At the other end Robbie Hallett made one superb reaction save to keep the deficit down to one goal as the Raiders pushed for the equaliser.
The second half was more of the same as Colyton struggled to get out of their own half. Bond, now in goal, dealt with a couple of half chances well, while Hallett, now on the left wing, linked up with CJ Abbot, Eddie Rudolph and Rowden for the move of the match that finished with a shot saved superbly.
You may also want to watch:
Freddie Squire linked well with Summerhayes down the right while Abbot, Rudolph and Rowden won everything in the middle.
Another game played in a good spirit by both teams and a great performance from the Raiders ending with a real ‘we woz robbed’ outcome!
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 5 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka