Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s edged out in thriller
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders 3, Tedburn St Mary 4 Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s were edged out in a thrilling contest, writes Simon James.
The game got off to a slow start as both teams tested each other’s defences.
The deadlock was broken at the end of a slick passing move that involved both Archie Rowe and Scott DeGrunchy prior to Col Monaghan netting.
Tedburn responded positively and that forced some excellent defensive work from Glen Sinker and Thomas West, but the pressure eventually told and the equaliser was struck.
Tedburn then continued to press and, despite the considerable efforts of Isaac James, took a 2-1 lead.
You may also want to watch:
A delightful long ball from Scott Gibson set up Archie Rowe to level things up at 2-2, but Tedburn still found time to bag a third and take a narrow advantage into the break.
The second half produced one goal from either side with Tedburn emerging victors by the odd goal in seven.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 5 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 6 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 7 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 8 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank