Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s edged out in thriller
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders 3, Tedburn St Mary 4 Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s were edged out in a thrilling contest, writes Simon James.
The game got off to a slow start as both teams tested each other’s defences.
The deadlock was broken at the end of a slick passing move that involved both Archie Rowe and Scott DeGrunchy prior to Col Monaghan netting.
Tedburn responded positively and that forced some excellent defensive work from Glen Sinker and Thomas West, but the pressure eventually told and the equaliser was struck.
Tedburn then continued to press and, despite the considerable efforts of Isaac James, took a 2-1 lead.
You may also want to watch:
A delightful long ball from Scott Gibson set up Archie Rowe to level things up at 2-2, but Tedburn still found time to bag a third and take a narrow advantage into the break.
The second half produced one goal from either side with Tedburn emerging victors by the odd goal in seven.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 5 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 6 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 7 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 8 Talking Newspapers set to restart service
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom