Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s good value for victory over the CS Leopards
Sidmouth Raiders 3, CS Leopards 2 Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s continued their run of good performances as they edge a close encounter with a spirited Mid Devon side.
The visitors were quickly into their stride and controlled the early proceedings during which time they were twice a lead by the width of the post!
Eventually Raiders settled into the game and Samuel Burhop put them into a 1-0 lead midway through the first half with a clinical finish following a good passing move involving CJ Abbot, Will Bond and Eddie Rudolph.
Some excellent play in midfield and good work on the wings by the impressive Bond and Henry Summerhayes produced more chances, but the final touch was just missing and half-time arrived with that one goal separating the sides.
After the break Raiders continued their dominance and Rudolph doubled the lead with a great strike from the edge of the box after a corner was only half-cleared by the visiting defence.
You may also want to watch:
Robbie Hallett made it three with a close range volley after the Leopards keeper palmed away a shot into his path. As the Raiders tired the last ten minutes was an exercise in defending and attacking on the break as the Leopards scored twice, one a superb finish from the edge of the box, and piled on the pressure but some good defending restricted the chances and the Raiders held out for a good win.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend