Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s make it four wins from four
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s made it four wins from four starts this season thanks to a 2-1 victory over Okehampton Argyle.
With both teams unbeaten this season prior to the match something had to give!
Raiders began the contest at a high tempo and mounted a continuous run of attacks with Ryan Dart at the heart of much of the attacking play.
Meanwhile, the defence was solid so it was something of a surprise when Okehampton took a lead just before the break. A terrific initial save by Raiders’ glovesman Thomas Craig saw the ball spin up in the air and over the line!
After the break Raiders continued to take the game to the opposition and it was no more than they deserved when a sweet strike from Soren Hall levelled things up.
You may also want to watch:
The game continued with end-to-end action, but the pivotal moment fell in favour of Raiders when Jacob Dabrowiecki got on the end of a Ryan Dart cross to slip the ball home from close range to make 2-1.
Thereafter Raiders closed the game out well to win the match, end the Okehampton unbeaten start, and leave themselves with a 100 per cent record.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help