Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s prove to the Plate competition ‘nearly men’
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders took part in the Exeter and District Youth League Under-11 Plate competition.
This season’s meeting was held in Exeter and the Raiders kicked off their challenge with a 0-0 draw against City Raiders. The Sidmouth youngsters enjoyed plenty of possession and were most unfortunate not to come out of the contest with something more than the point.
Next up they shared two goals with Dawlish. Miles Lewis finding the net for Sidmouth with a neat finish.
A meeting with Crediton ended in a narrow 1-0 reversal and it was a similar outcome when they faced CS Pumas.
The final game of the competition for Raiders saw them meet Heavitree who took the lead only for Frank Long to level with a superb long-range strike. The Heavies edged ahead again, but, shortly after hitting the frame of the goal, Freddie Dorman levelled things up at 2-2. In the final minute Long served up a trademark piece of magic and was so unlucky when his fierce strike cannoned back off the crossbar!
You may also want to watch:
Raiders were certainly the ‘nearly men’ of the competition as they were clearly the equal of all their opponents and, on another day, would probably have been better rewarded for their supreme efforts!
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 4 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 5 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 6 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help