Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s unlucky in Central loss
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders 0, Central United 2 Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s were unlucky to lose this tight game, going down to two second half goals.
Goal scoring chances were few and far between for both sides as the respective defences dominated throughout. Raiders centre back Noah Raffell who made a string of excellent tackles and interceptions to richly deserve his post-match billing of Man of the Match.
At the other end Will Bond seized on a loose pass from the United defence and poked the ball towards goal only to see it bobble against the post and go wide!
The same player, in goal for the second half, could do nothing about either goal, both scored from close range.
The second half also saw Samuel Burhop hit the post from a tight angle whilst several crosses flew across the face of the goal without a green shirt being there for the final touch!
You may also want to watch:
Eddie Rudolph again showed a cool head in possession while CJ Abbot and Freddie Squire chased everything as all the boys showed great determination and spirit.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out