Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s unlucky in Central loss
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders 0, Central United 2 Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s were unlucky to lose this tight game, going down to two second half goals.
Goal scoring chances were few and far between for both sides as the respective defences dominated throughout. Raiders centre back Noah Raffell who made a string of excellent tackles and interceptions to richly deserve his post-match billing of Man of the Match.
At the other end Will Bond seized on a loose pass from the United defence and poked the ball towards goal only to see it bobble against the post and go wide!
The same player, in goal for the second half, could do nothing about either goal, both scored from close range.
The second half also saw Samuel Burhop hit the post from a tight angle whilst several crosses flew across the face of the goal without a green shirt being there for the final touch!
You may also want to watch:
Eddie Rudolph again showed a cool head in possession while CJ Abbot and Freddie Squire chased everything as all the boys showed great determination and spirit.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 5 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 6 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 7 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council