Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s well beaten by high-flying Exmouth side
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-11s went down 6-0 when they came up against a high-flying Exmouth United side in an Exeter and District Youth League game.
Despite the score line there were a number of positives for the young Raiders players to take from the contest.
Stand-in goalkeeper Owen Baldwin pulled off impressive saves and played through the pain barrier before having to leave the game through injury at half-time.
Ned Selley took over between the posts and he too produced some wonderful saves.
Defender Jack Goodman was quick, effective and strong in tackle. Yan Mercan was a powerful presence and a superb header of the ball and Reuben Bennett was proficient and used the long ball to great effect.
You may also want to watch:
Midfielder Zac Lascelles provided a constant threat to the Exmouth defence and wing wizard Freddie Dorman once again impressed. Impressive is also the word to use for another splendid shift from Frank Long whilst Josh O’Connor did well in the number-ten role.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 7 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 8 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 9 The questions of British Lions selection
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution