Sidmouth Raiders Under-12s edge out Countess Wear Dynamos
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-12s were winners by the odd goal in five when they met Countess Wear Dynamo.
Raiders went into the game at near full-strength with Owen Baldwin in goal, Jack Goodman in defence fresh from earlier duty with Sidmouth Warriors and Zac Lascelles up top.
However, the Exeter side were quick! The fleet-footed Dynamo strikers twice got clear in the first half and netted each time leaving Raiders two goals down at the break.
Early in the second half the Dynamos goalkeeper, who had kept out a number of Raiders efforts in the first half, was finally beaten by a tremendous strike from Jack Goodman.
Soon after Freddie Dorman rifled the ball home from a narrow angle and, despite the flag being raised for an ‘off-side’ the match referee allowed the goal to stand.
You may also want to watch:
With time ticking down and the referee looking at his watch Jamie Salter darted down the wing and slotted the ball under the devastated Dynamo stopper to see Raiders to a thrilling 3-2 success.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 6 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 7 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start