Sidmouth Raiders Under-12s edge out Countess Wear Dynamos
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-12s were winners by the odd goal in five when they met Countess Wear Dynamo.
Raiders went into the game at near full-strength with Owen Baldwin in goal, Jack Goodman in defence fresh from earlier duty with Sidmouth Warriors and Zac Lascelles up top.
However, the Exeter side were quick! The fleet-footed Dynamo strikers twice got clear in the first half and netted each time leaving Raiders two goals down at the break.
Early in the second half the Dynamos goalkeeper, who had kept out a number of Raiders efforts in the first half, was finally beaten by a tremendous strike from Jack Goodman.
Soon after Freddie Dorman rifled the ball home from a narrow angle and, despite the flag being raised for an ‘off-side’ the match referee allowed the goal to stand.
You may also want to watch:
With time ticking down and the referee looking at his watch Jamie Salter darted down the wing and slotted the ball under the devastated Dynamo stopper to see Raiders to a thrilling 3-2 success.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 3 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 6 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 7 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 8 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 Art shop thanks customers who have shown support