Sidmouth Raiders Under-12s hit five at Feniton
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-12s launched their new season of Exeter and District League football with a 5-2 success at Feniton Tigers.
Raiders started well and laid siege to the Feniton goal. The home side resisted well until a clinical finish from Frank Long – the assist coming from Josh O’Connor – broke the deadlock.
Feniton hit back to leave the match finely balanced at 1-1 at half-time.
After the break Raiders were the dominant force and, with some crisp passing and good pressing in the middle third, chances began to come. However, time and again they were thwarted by the exceptional Feniton goalkeeper.
With new signing Jamie Salter impressing it was no surprise when Raiders finally regained the lead. It was Long who netted again, this time rounding the glovesman before rolling the ball home.
You may also want to watch:
Josh O’Connor made it 3-1 with a successful penalty after a handball offence in the home area.
Feniton broke away again to score, but the two goal margin was swiftly restored when Long completed his hat-trick with a cheeky flick.
- 1 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 2 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 5 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 6 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 7 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 10 Young gardeners enjoy seeing the early fruits of their labour
Raiders introduced fresh legs from the bench with Owen Baldwin, Zac Lascelles and Ned Selley sent into action and it was Baldwin who completed the scoring.
Selecting a Man of the Match was almost impossible given the fact that everyone of the Raiders players delivered the goods in an exceptional team performance.