Sidmouth Raiders Under-12s in cup defeat at Lympstone
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders went out of the Exeter and District League Under-12 KO Cup, beaten 6-1 by a strong Lympstone side.
Despite the score line, Raiders played their part in what was a fine game. The home side proved to be clinical in from of goal and, in a superb first half show, scored six unanswered goals.
During the interval Raiders’ coach Mark O’Connor tweaked his side’s formation and introduced Zac Lascelles and Owen Baldwin and, for the entire second half, Raiders looked a very different proposition.
Raiders controlled the second half and netted the only goal of the period with Owen Baldwin applying a good finish to a neat passing move. Frank Long and Josh O’Connor were unlucky not to add further goals.
Much of the second half play featured the impressive Freddie Dorman down the left wing.
You may also want to watch:
Despite exiting the cup, Raiders can take heart that, particularly after the break, they more than matched one of the best teams in league.
- 1 Making the most of our daily walks by the sea
- 2 Sidmouth musician to host 24hr virtual open mic for cancer charity
- 3 Diamonds are forever - Devon Communities Together launches 60th anniversary campaign
- 4 Speed limit trial will pave the way for safer Devon roads
- 5 Boohoo’s purchase of Arcadia group brands could provide a massive benefit for the High Street
- 6 Sidmouth Cricket Club building new partnerships
- 7 If you want something sorted then you better call Sal
- 8 Young people welcome to ‘Youthie’ on Zoom
- 9 It will be good to see Sidmouth town centre 'bustling again'
- 10 Business employment charity needs helping boost to continue