Sidmouth Raiders Under-12s in cup defeat at Lympstone
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders went out of the Exeter and District League Under-12 KO Cup, beaten 6-1 by a strong Lympstone side.
Despite the score line, Raiders played their part in what was a fine game. The home side proved to be clinical in from of goal and, in a superb first half show, scored six unanswered goals.
During the interval Raiders’ coach Mark O’Connor tweaked his side’s formation and introduced Zac Lascelles and Owen Baldwin and, for the entire second half, Raiders looked a very different proposition.
Raiders controlled the second half and netted the only goal of the period with Owen Baldwin applying a good finish to a neat passing move. Frank Long and Josh O’Connor were unlucky not to add further goals.
Much of the second half play featured the impressive Freddie Dorman down the left wing.
You may also want to watch:
Despite exiting the cup, Raiders can take heart that, particularly after the break, they more than matched one of the best teams in league.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 9 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution