Sidmouth Raiders Under-12s in cup defeat at Lympstone
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders went out of the Exeter and District League Under-12 KO Cup, beaten 6-1 by a strong Lympstone side.
Despite the score line, Raiders played their part in what was a fine game. The home side proved to be clinical in from of goal and, in a superb first half show, scored six unanswered goals.
During the interval Raiders’ coach Mark O’Connor tweaked his side’s formation and introduced Zac Lascelles and Owen Baldwin and, for the entire second half, Raiders looked a very different proposition.
Raiders controlled the second half and netted the only goal of the period with Owen Baldwin applying a good finish to a neat passing move. Frank Long and Josh O’Connor were unlucky not to add further goals.
Much of the second half play featured the impressive Freddie Dorman down the left wing.
You may also want to watch:
Despite exiting the cup, Raiders can take heart that, particularly after the break, they more than matched one of the best teams in league.
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 5 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 6 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 7 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 Sidmouth Photography Club: Photography officially recognised for its mental health benefits
- 10 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon