Sidmouth Raiders Under-12s power back to share spoils with Teign Village
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders 3, Teign Valley 3 Sidmouth Raiders Under-12s were involved in a cracking that that yielded six goals, writes Simon James
The Raiders wasted no time in attacking the Teign defence with Jack Wilson and Finlay Morgan central to all the crisp passing.
New signing Jamie Wyatt showed great pace as the visitors struggled to hold the Raiders.
Teign had a good chance to break the deadlock when awarded a free-kick within striking distance, but a superb save by Isaac James denied them.
At the other end of the pitch striker Archie Rowe fired Raiders into the lead.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors responded well, but got no change out of a disciplined and organised defence of Glen Sinker, Ben Scrivens and Thomas West.
The second half saw Teign make a strong start and they levelled things up with a free-kick. Galvanised by this they swiftly scored again to take a 2-1 lead. Things got worse for the Raiders as Teign extended their advantage.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
Coach Tony West initiated some tactical changes and Ben Latham scored to make it 3-2.
With Teign defending strongly it seemed as if Raiders might miss out on any reward from the game. However, it was no more than they deserved when Col Monaghan rifled the ball into the top corner to ensure honours ended even.