Sidmouth Raiders Under-12s win as Raffell nets
- Credit: Archant
A goal in each half saw Sidmouth Raiders to a 2-0 win over Crediton.
A hallmark of another successful morning for the team was the all-round performance with everyone putting a shift in.
Raiders were quickly into their stride and, after a passage of crisp and confident passing, took the lead when pressure from Ben Slater forced a Crediton defender to touch CJ Abbot’s corner into his own net.
With Noah Raffell controlling the back line the visitors struggled to create a chance in the first half.
Will Bond worked tirelessly down the left and provided some dangerous crosses in the first half before replacing Rob Hallett in goal at the break.
You may also want to watch:
The second half saw more of the same with Henry Summerhayes, Lewis Rowden and Eddie Rudolph controlling the midfield.
This created a number of chances for Samuel Burhop and Paul Heeney to add further goals, but both were unable to get the better of the exceptional Crediton gloves man!
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 9 Plans for restart of operations for Sidmouth Voluntary Services
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
However, such was the pressure, and dominance enjoyed by Raiders that the second goal had to come and it duly arrived when Raffell was picked out by Abbot with a fine cross after a flowing move and the Raiders defender swept the ball home a the far post.
Further chances came and went as Freddie Squire, Hallett and Slater all went close while Kieran Phillips, replacing the injured Toby Whitfield at the back, was calm and assured.