Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s celebrate a fine season
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s celebrated the past season with their awards evening held at the Manstone Lane club house.
Before handing out individual awards, coaches David Johnson, Nick Hall and Steve Johnson praised the boys for their hard work, commitment and team spirit throughout the season.
The coaching staff also reflected on some fantastic performances, including the 10-3 success away at Culm Sampford, and also the low points, none perhaps more so than the three games where great performances were spoiled by last minute goals being conceded!
Elliot Anning was presented with the award for being top goal scorer – the youngster netted 19 times in the campaign. The Best Attitude award went to Luke Eggleton-Par and the Filling Station Special Award went to Findlay Hobday. The Most Improved Player award was presented to Adam Dunford and the Manager’s Player of the Season award went to Soren Hall. Last, but not least, as it is one of the most coveted awards in any team, the Players’ Player of the Season award went to Thomas Craig.
So. That’s it for the season and, after a short break for the summer, the team will be back as an Under-14 side playing once again in the Exeter and District Youth league which holds matches on Saturday mornings.
You may also want to watch:
New players are always made very welcome into the team and anyone who would like to join this particular age group is asked to contact coach Nick Hall on 07817 653182.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout