Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s in seventh heaven against Beacon Knights
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s were big winners when they met Beacon Knights in an Exeter and District Youth League game, writes Simon James.
Raiders made a bright start, though they were given a solid look by some determined defending by Ben Scrivens and Louis Stamp who ensured that the home side got little joy when attempting to get at the Raiders’ goal.
Once Raiders had control, much of the play was centred on the Knight’s final third and the opening goal arrived when a cross from Archie Rowe was tucked away by Jack Wilson.
Some of the play underlined the work that coaches Tony West and Trevor Lorkin have been doing with the Raiders.
The lead was doubled by Wilson before Row made it three and then new signing Josh Roberts made it four and Wilson completed a first-half hat-trick to send Raiders into the break with a 5-0 lead.
You may also want to watch:
After the break Roberts bagged his second before the battling home side finally got the better of the Raiders’ defence to score a consolation goal.
Raiders were quickly back onto the front foot with some slick wing play by Jamie Wyant and Scot Gibson and the seventh and final goal was scored by Ollie Jones.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 7 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 8 Festival will bring a much-needed boost to the town
- 9 Run for donkeys in the world’s biggest marathon
- 10 East Devon's new homes debate divides residents' opinions
The win, a third in four Division Three outings this season leaves Warriors sitting second behind leaders Bradninch.