Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s lose top spot after Moors Milan loss
- Credit: Getty Images/Brand X
Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s went down 2-0 when they entertained Moors Milan in their first outing after the festive break.
The victory for the Mid Devon side saw them leapfrog Raiders and take over at the top of the table.
Raiders were on the back foot from the early stages, conceding just moments after kick-off.
Raiders showed plenty of endeavour and industry throughout the contest.
Yan Mercan was again a rock at the heart of the Sidmouth defence.
You may also want to watch:
Freddie Dorman came agonisingly close to finding the net with some decent efforts. Frank Long found the net, but his ‘goal’ was disallowed .
Just as Raiders enjoyed domination in terms of possession and were desperately searching for what would have been a deserved equaliser, Milan struck with their second to seal the points.
- 1 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 2 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 9 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
Raiders remain positive knowing that they more than matched their highflying rivals and on another day would surely have bagged all three points.