Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s lose top spot after Moors Milan loss
- Credit: Getty Images/Brand X
Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s went down 2-0 when they entertained Moors Milan in their first outing after the festive break.
The victory for the Mid Devon side saw them leapfrog Raiders and take over at the top of the table.
Raiders were on the back foot from the early stages, conceding just moments after kick-off.
Raiders showed plenty of endeavour and industry throughout the contest.
Yan Mercan was again a rock at the heart of the Sidmouth defence.
You may also want to watch:
Freddie Dorman came agonisingly close to finding the net with some decent efforts. Frank Long found the net, but his ‘goal’ was disallowed .
Just as Raiders enjoyed domination in terms of possession and were desperately searching for what would have been a deserved equaliser, Milan struck with their second to seal the points.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
Raiders remain positive knowing that they more than matched their highflying rivals and on another day would surely have bagged all three points.