Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s march on with clean sheet success at Feniton Tigers
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s powered to a 4-0 success at Feniton Tigers.
Feniton applied the early pressure, but got little change out of the solid Raiders defence in which Louis Stamp, Thomas West and Ben Scrivens were confidently dealing with the best the hosts could muster. The deadlock came when the ball was chipped forward by Cole Monaghan to release Ben Latham who applied a cool finish.
The lead was doubled by striker Archie Rowe and with more quick movement of the ball Matte Matte Laurenti, Jamie Wyant and Rowe combined prior to Laurenti making it 3-0.
Ollie Jones and Jack Wilson were introduced to the action as Raiders continued to attack.
The fourth and final goal came from a free-kick, rifled home by Ben Latham.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth Raiders are continuing to go from strength to strength and much of that is down to the input of coaches Trevor Lorkin and former Sidmouth Town player Tony West.
Simon James, who has a son involved with the team and sees at first hand the work the coaching duo do said: “We are truly blessed to have a pair of such an accomplished couple of coaches. There’s little doubt that all the hard work the two are doing with the youngsters away from matches is paying off and I can see the players are responding to their methods and ideas. I have no doubt that if this work continues then we will have a team, going forward, who will serve the club proud for many years to come.”
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 8 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 9 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council