Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s net five against Cheriton Fitzpaine
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s continued their early season form running out worthy 5-1 winners against Cheriton Fitzpaine at Sidford thanks to another good all-round show.
Raiders were quickly into their stride and the early pressure paid dividends when Jed Pinnock tapped home a corner.
Eddie Rudolph and CJ Abbott combined to set up Will Bond to double the lead. Ollie Horrell, in only his third outing for the side, impressed in midfield and Pinnock linked well with Samuel Burhop to carve out some good opportunities.
Pinnock showed good predatory instincts to be in the right place at the right time to make it 4-0 – reacting quickest after a thunderous Bond strike fell invitingly to him.
Early in the second half inspirational Noah Raffell rifled home a penalty, awarded after Lewis Rowden had been hauled down in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Cheriton did get a goal back after some hard work, but they never looked like beating debutant Max Lomas again. The Raiders glovesman was solid catching and distributed the ball well.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank