Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s net five against Cheriton Fitzpaine
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s continued their early season form running out worthy 5-1 winners against Cheriton Fitzpaine at Sidford thanks to another good all-round show.
Raiders were quickly into their stride and the early pressure paid dividends when Jed Pinnock tapped home a corner.
Eddie Rudolph and CJ Abbott combined to set up Will Bond to double the lead. Ollie Horrell, in only his third outing for the side, impressed in midfield and Pinnock linked well with Samuel Burhop to carve out some good opportunities.
Pinnock showed good predatory instincts to be in the right place at the right time to make it 4-0 – reacting quickest after a thunderous Bond strike fell invitingly to him.
Early in the second half inspirational Noah Raffell rifled home a penalty, awarded after Lewis Rowden had been hauled down in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Cheriton did get a goal back after some hard work, but they never looked like beating debutant Max Lomas again. The Raiders glovesman was solid catching and distributed the ball well.
- 1 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 2 High Street beckons for hobbyists emerging from lockdown
- 3 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 4 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 5 SRC mighty six take on Sid Valley Ring half-marathon
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 College launches two new fundraising appeals
- 8 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 9 Mixed weekend for Sidmouth and Ottery Hockey
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend