Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s net nine at Whipton
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s were in clinical goal-scoring mood when they travelled to Exeter to meet a Whipton Youth side they beat 9-1.
Showing no signs of the upset suffered the week before in their disappointing cup exit, Raiders were quickly into their stride.
Ryan Kubatcha opened the scoring in trademark fashion; he weaved his way down the wing before drilling the ball beyond the Whipton goalie.
It was soon 2-0 with Freddie Dorman scoring after a mazy run. A stunning individual effort from Frank Long made it three.
Dorman netted his second to make it 4-0 before Kubatcha got his second to make it five.
You may also want to watch:
Ethan Gribble, showing great strength and indeed bravery, made it 6-0.
Long struck with his second and then a quick-fire Gribble double gave him a hat0trick and made it 8-0.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 6 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 7 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 10 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
A game Whipton outfit scored a consolation, but there was still time left for Kubatcha to complete the scoring with his third of the contest.