Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s net nine at Whipton
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
Sidmouth Raiders Under-13s were in clinical goal-scoring mood when they travelled to Exeter to meet a Whipton Youth side they beat 9-1.
Showing no signs of the upset suffered the week before in their disappointing cup exit, Raiders were quickly into their stride.
Ryan Kubatcha opened the scoring in trademark fashion; he weaved his way down the wing before drilling the ball beyond the Whipton goalie.
It was soon 2-0 with Freddie Dorman scoring after a mazy run. A stunning individual effort from Frank Long made it three.
Dorman netted his second to make it 4-0 before Kubatcha got his second to make it five.
You may also want to watch:
Ethan Gribble, showing great strength and indeed bravery, made it 6-0.
Long struck with his second and then a quick-fire Gribble double gave him a hat0trick and made it 8-0.
- 1 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 2 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 3 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 4 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 8 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
- 9 Hotels are reopening soon - lets hope they can stay that way
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
A game Whipton outfit scored a consolation, but there was still time left for Kubatcha to complete the scoring with his third of the contest.