Sidmouth Raiders Under-14 power to Hemyock success
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-14s were 6-2 winners over Hemyock in their latest Exeter and District Youth League match.
Raiders were quickly into their stride and in one sweeping move Jamie Wyant chipped the ball to Cole Monaghan who crossed beautifully to Lascelles, but the Hemyock goalkeeper made a splendid save.
Hemyock are a confident side and hit back with power. However, they got little change out of defensive duo Louis Stamp and Jamie Wyant.
The deadlock was finally broken when Thomas West and Ben Latham were involved in the build up prior to Jake Jones firing Raiders into a deserved lead. The lead did not last long for, minutes later, Hemyock levelled with a powerful free-kick.
The second half saw Raiders take charge and the contest became one-sided. Striker Jones added three more goals to his first half effort and George Salter also netted.
You may also want to watch:
Young Salter was the star of the show orchestrating things and it was he who launched the move that involved Ben Scrivens prior to Ollie Jones scoring the sixth and final goal.
Late on Hemyock netted a second before injury struck! Raiders’ popular player Ben Latham was hurt and the team all wish him a speedy recovery.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 6 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 7 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 8 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
Raiders are now one of just two teams who remain unbeaten in the round two table and ironically the pair meet this Saturday (March 5).