Sidmouth Raiders Under-14s bag clean sheet success thanks to Hughes goal
Crediton Saints 0, Sidmouth Raiders 1 Sidmouth Raiders Under-14 shrugged off their late arrival for this fixture and served up a disciplined all-round show to deservedly bank all three points.
Raiders made a slick start and within a minute went close to opening the scoring when a Matt Skelding cross caused panic in the Saints defence with Hughes and Turton both close to connecting.
Apart fro the occasional counter-attack, Raiders sailed through the first half, with the only thing lacking being a finish to match their excellent approach play.
After the break the game followed a similar pattern.
Sidmouth continued to dominate Skelding, Miller, Birkhead and Tweedy all in the thick of the action.
You may also want to watch:
It was no more than Raiders deserved when they finally broke the deadlock with Hughes heading home a Skelding corner.
A Turton volley was well saved by the Crediton goalkeeper and a Hughes shot was hacked clear off the line as Raiders sought a second.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 5 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 7 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club
It was not to be, but that single goal proved enough to see the side return home with three deserved points.