Sidmouth Raiders Under-14s complete quick-fire Chudleigh double
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-14s completed a quick-fire double over Chudleigh Colts, beating them 7-1.
Two weeks before the teams had met with Raiders winning 14-4!
This contest began at a good tempo and Raiders bagged an early lead when a trademark left footed pass from Scot Gibson found Josh Roberts who rifled it past the Chudleigh glovesman.
Moments late the lead was doubled when Cole Monaghan turned home a Thomas West corner.
Chudleigh, defending much better than they had the previous meeting, dug deep and launched attacks of their own, but got little change out of the Raiders defensive duo of Jamie Wyant and Louis Stamp. It was young Man of the Match, Thomas West, who began the move for the third goal, his pass finding Jake Jones who provided the assist for Jake Jones to make it 3-0.
You may also want to watch:
Just before the break Chudleigh were denied a goal back by a splendid save from Isaac James.
After the break Ben ‘The Scrivinator’ Scrivens linked up with Ben Latham to provide the assist to a Will Lorkin goal and a 20-yard Latham free-kick made it 5-0.
- 1 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 2 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 3 Can you help Ottery become plastic free?
- 4 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 5 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 6 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 7 Build Back Fairer by supporting Fairtrade in Sidmouth
- 8 Fundraising heroine Diana is sitting pretty at 98
- 9 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 10 The return of Covid to the streets of Sidmouth, and what St George did next!
Chudleigh hit back with a deserved goal, but Raiders, and young Latham, were not to be denied as he scored twice in quick succession to compete the scoring.