Sidmouth Raiders Under-14s complete quick-fire Chudleigh double
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Raiders Under-14s completed a quick-fire double over Chudleigh Colts, beating them 7-1.
Two weeks before the teams had met with Raiders winning 14-4!
This contest began at a good tempo and Raiders bagged an early lead when a trademark left footed pass from Scot Gibson found Josh Roberts who rifled it past the Chudleigh glovesman.
Moments late the lead was doubled when Cole Monaghan turned home a Thomas West corner.
Chudleigh, defending much better than they had the previous meeting, dug deep and launched attacks of their own, but got little change out of the Raiders defensive duo of Jamie Wyant and Louis Stamp. It was young Man of the Match, Thomas West, who began the move for the third goal, his pass finding Jake Jones who provided the assist for Jake Jones to make it 3-0.
You may also want to watch:
Just before the break Chudleigh were denied a goal back by a splendid save from Isaac James.
After the break Ben ‘The Scrivinator’ Scrivens linked up with Ben Latham to provide the assist to a Will Lorkin goal and a 20-yard Latham free-kick made it 5-0.
- 1 Husband and wife team take over at White & Son Shoes
- 2 Headteacher pays tribute to small school with a huge heart
- 3 New women’s team created at Sidmouth Rugby Club
- 4 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 5 Men replicating ladies at Ottery Bowls Club
- 6 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 7 Latest news and results from Sidmouth Bowls
- 8 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 9 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
- 10 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
Chudleigh hit back with a deserved goal, but Raiders, and young Latham, were not to be denied as he scored twice in quick succession to compete the scoring.